Monday, November 14, 2011

Cinema Dance... or shall I say Camp FAMU

So this weekend was the legendary cinema dance workshop aka Camp Famu. I call it that becuase the "undisclosed location" where we stayed reminded me of a summer camp. In the description, Cinema Dance is even called "bootcamp" (and indeed it was a filmmaker's bootcamp: 48 hours to create a movie. almost impossible). But there were cabins, a dining hall, a beautiful lake and a gorgeous forest backdrop perfect for filming a scary movie (which is exactly what my group did)! I learned a lot this weekend and had a crazy rollarcoaster of emotions ranging from happiness to stress to anger to staying up all night planning/editing to the point where my brain could no longer process any emotion. Zombie status. The main thing I learned, though, was that a group really needs to work together to make a good film and that it's impossible to do overnight. Everyone's films were pretty hilarious yet pretty terrible. It's not that we're bad filmmakers. Actually, it's the opposite. It's that making a film is an extremely long and difficult process, which I obvioulsy knew before this workshop but now it's all been put into perspective. This weekend was honestly the craziest I've had in Czech Republic and will never, ever forget it. Time actually slowed down for once and it was great to be in nature away from the city (and this class may have been the greatest way to earn 3 college credits known to man).

And so, instead of going on and on about cinema dance, I'll just insert a copy of my film as soon as I get it downloaded to my computer. Hopefully you'll enjoy it and not judge too harshly. Remember, this was made in two days starting from scracth (which includes getting into groups of four [I was producer/editor], planning the story, storyborading, screenwriting, rewriting, rewriting, casting, shooting, acting, reshooting, sound-recording, editing, reediting, reediting, reediting, shooting some more, acting some more, recording more sounds, editing, reediting, reediting, etc: the whole process)! So, without further adieu, here's my short film from Cinema Dance.


http://www.youtube.com/user/CarlHuck?feature=watch#p/u/0/wFqPDjZLQEg

No comments:

Post a Comment