Monday, November 28, 2011

Pig Slaughter and Paris

As promised a few months ago, two weekends ago I visited Bara’s village of Kvacice for the infamous pig slaughter. And indeed it was a slaughter complete with blood, bones and intestines.




Need I say more?
It was a little unfortunate that I was only able to stay in Kvacice for one night, but not too unfortunate because the next day I left for Paris! I met up with one of my best friends from high school who I literally haven’t seen in about a year. Paris is a beautiful city, but I was ready to get back to Prague by the time I left. Here are all the lovely details of my trip:

Transportation: Easy Jet flight
Lodging: St. Christopher’s Inn (hostel)
Travel buddies: Erin Klein
Hotspots visited: As many as humanly possible in one weekend. It is a huge plus that most museums are free to students.
Favorite dish: Didn’t get to have too many of these, considering I’m a poor college student and Paris is crazy expensive. Did enjoy a few gyros, though, and french fries with mayonnaise.
Favorite French drink: Red wine, of course.
Words I learned: Actually not too many. French is incredibly hard for me to pronounce so I kind of forgot them all.
Facts I learned: Just about all of Paris’ history on my free walking tour. Also, the Mona Lisa is a lot smaller than I always imagined.
My best photos:






Closing remarks: So before I went to Paris, people told me to watch out for Parisians. I’ve been told they aren’t very nice to Americans. Naturally, I didn’t believe what people said so I decided to find out for myself. And, well, it’s actually kind of true. Many French have absolutely no concept of personal space. I did meet some nice French people I suppose, but
I also experienced a lot of bad luck in Paris so maybe that has something to do with my bitter attitude. Still glad I got to see the beautiful art and architecture of the city, though.

Next post coming up will be all about my Thanksgiving when my family came to visit!

Na Shled,
Lesia

No comments:

Post a Comment