Monday, December 12, 2011

Overdue Thanksgiving Post

So I had the pleasure of showing my family around when they came to visit over Thanksgiving week, and it was amazing. I love traveling with my family more than anyone else, probably, and even though I wasn’t going anywhere, it still felt like I was traveling with them (except this time I had a slight advantage with my superior tour guide skills). It was fun to live like a tourist again, hitting up all of Prague’s hotspots. The best part of their visit, though, was probably the delicious home cooked thanksgiving meal. We invited some friends over and my roommate Carly’s mom also was in town so we definitely had a feast.
The Thanksgiving crew, minus the mommies.

Honestly, there is too much to say about the week with my family so hopefully these pictures can speak their thousands of words and do all my talking for me. Enjoy!
Contemplating the beautiful gothic architecture of Prague Castle and Charles Bridge in the background.
Kal and me at U Sudu. Where all the cool kids go.
All you need is family love at the Lennon Wall.
Kal and me on Petrin Tower. Prague Castle and St. Vitus in the background. It was pretty slippery up there.
Straight up planking on David Cerny’s babies.
Tessa, Olya and me in Mala Strana.
Imitating the famous Dancing House.
Yeah... Kal and I are better. Sorry, mom!
Near Prague Castle. Winter's a coming!

When my family left I didn’t think I would miss them as much as I did. I’m not one to get homesick, but it happened. As much as I don’t want to leave Prague, I can’t wait to see my family and friends again in two weeks.

Don’t go anywhere, though, because I have my Amsterdam post from this weekend coming up!

Na Shled,
Lesia

No comments:

Post a Comment